Due to very high demand, some products may be back-ordered. See product pages for details.
Unless otherwise specified, all orders are shipped by a common carrier, and are shipped out as advertised brand new and good condition. Basketball systems are delivered for “Curbside Delivery.” Curbside delivery service provides delivery of your items to the curb at the end of your driveway, or if accessible, to your driveway. This service does not include setup or assembly of items, or removal of packaging materials.
- If the shipping address is changed after the shipment has been picked up by the motor freight carrier it constitutes as a re-consignment and additional charges will be applicable.
- Upon arrival into the nearest carrier terminal, an appointment clerk with the shipping carrier should call you to setup an appointment for delivery.
- Deliveries are typically made between the hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm Monday through Friday; however it may be later depending on the delivery driver’s route, distance from the terminal, and possible delays due to unforeseen issues.
- For retail sales orders, your item should be delivered on a tractor trailer, and should include a hydraulic lift gate. The delivery driver’s duty is to remove the order from the trailer and provide curbside delivery. Any requests for additional services will incur extra charges. Therefore, recipients need to double check that the carriers' delivery receipt to confirm that additional services were NOT performed or notated. If additional services are performed without our knowledge, we reserve the right to bill you as these charges are your responsibility.
- Mega Slam Hoops is not responsible for goods damaged during transit. Title to the merchandise and risk of loss or damage in transit or thereafter shall pass to Buyer upon Seller’s delivery of the products to a common carrier for shipment to Buyer, regardless of whether Seller will install or supervise the installment of the product.
- A signature is required for all deliveries. Receiver will be required to sign a delivery receipt and delivery will not occur without it.
- At the time of delivery, customers should inspect all items carefully, and open if necessary prior to signing for the delivery.
- All Items leave our facility brand new and in good condition. It is the customer’s responsibility to examine and inspect all boxes. Please notate on the delivery receipt any and all damage to the merchandise or packaging on the delivery receipt.
- It is the carrier’s responsibility to deliver products in good condition. If the delivery receipt is signed with no exception or damage you release them of all liability.
- Customer assumes all liability once the customer signs the delivery receipt which states “all goods are being accepted in good order” AS THIS voids the carrier’s liability if a claim is to be filed at a later date.
- Items damaged during transit are rare, but it is extremely important that you check for possible damage in order to secure proper settlement from the carrier.
- Glass backboards can be the most likely to sustain severe damage in transit, so check the backboard carefully.
- Verify the glass on the backboard is still solid at time of delivery. Tempered glass does not crack, and is designed to shatter if broken. Therefore, the glass will either be in 1 piece or ~1000 pieces.
- If the backboard is shattered please do not refuse delivery of the carton. There are additional parts inside the box that will still be good and will be required for system assembly. Please write the following on the delivery receipt, “Backboard shattered at time of delivery”. Simply email us the delivery receipt and photos of damage and we will send a replacement backboard the following business day. In the meantime, you can still set the anchor and allow the concrete to cure while the replacement is in transit.
- If your shipment seems to be delayed, contact the shipping company directly using your tracking number. They will have the most up to date info on the status of your shipment.
- Do not refuse delivery if merchandise is damaged. Note any and all damage to the merchandise on the delivery receipt to ensure coverage by the carrier’s liability.
- Write “Subject to Inspection” next to your name at time of delivery.
- Please note, if you live down a road, development, or driveway that the delivery truck cannot access, your delivery will not be able to be completed. This may require you to pick up the order at the local terminal or arrange for final delivery yourself.
- Any shipments returned to sender marked Undeliverable, or otherwise similar nature, are subject to a 20% restocking fee minus any shipping charges incurred by Mega Slam Hoops for the initial shipment to the customer.